Monday, January 17, 2011

The Mad Hatter

Jet lag is no bueno. And since we haven't established a regular routine, it makes it ten times worse. But after this morning we decided it is necessary to start setting an alarm from here on out...

When the curtains are closed in our lovely apartment, it is difficult to know when morning rolls around. And since the sun doesn't shine much, this place really feels like a cave sometimes. So after our busy weekend, we slept in very, very late today. Katie got up around 10-10:30a.m. while I slept in until 1 p.m. I asked her to wake me up sooner; otherwise, I'll sleep like a rock. It was nice to have the rest, but we felt like the day had been wasted. We tried to make up for it by going for a walk and checking out the neighborhood. We saw some really nice shops on the way to church the other day, so it seemed like a great place to go without bothering with the busy traffic on the subway. We were pretty disappointed to find out that those same shops were actually for wholesale only...bummer.

Realizing this after asking the price of a hat in a wholesale shop, the strange owner asked to take a picture of my knitted turquoise earband. He placed it on a mannequin head and snapped a couple pics to send to his distributor. I think I just set the fashion on the East side of London. Because I obliged and let him borrow it, he said I could try on whatever hat I wanted. Katie thought he was going to give me one for free (so did I). Sadly, when I picked one out, he said I could have it for 8 pounds. It wasn't that nice. So we left, hatless and frustrated because it was already beginning to get dark outside. We thought it best to head on home and make the most of our day by making a nice dinner for the guys.

We prepared a hearty meal of grilled chicken, linguine in our specialty alfredo sauce, and the usual side of sauteed asparagus. Everyone was stuffed and sleepy after dinner, so we decided to stay in and hang out watching Friends on TV and making plans for a much more eventful adventure tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment