Tuesday, February 1, 2011

We Love Notting Hill

Tuesday was considerably more successful than our trip to Spitalfield. Did we mention how much we love Notting Hill? Well, we got our fix today. We started out having lunch at Pret-A-Manger (can't get enough of that place either). Katie and I are considering calling up their corporate offices to see if they'd be interested in expanding their restaurants to Oklahoma. We'll let you know if it's a go or not...

When lunch was over, we hit the stores. I was very happy to find some future niece/nephew, gender neutral gifts. After yesterday, Katie and I were more willing to spend our money. We reminded ourselves that there are only a few days left, and this is the week we've been waiting to splurge on. However, there's only so much we can fit in our suitcases, so we're trying to be mindful of that as well. I think I reached my max weight on luggage today.

Shopping bags in hand, we headed back home to make some dinner and celebrate our successful day. And dinner was an even bigger success. We made our own version of chicken tettrazini - tagliatelle noodles with chicken and peas, in a creamy cheesy sauce. Katie and I both had seconds, it was so good! We might compile a cookbook to remember all the wonderful things we've made while on our trip.

Hoping everyone is staying safe in the snow and ice back home. Katie and I would like to end this blog by saying, "HAPPY STATE OF EMERGENCY DAY!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment